Would you like to embed an idea in what you say, to increase the chance of someone hearing a new perspective?
Embedding ideas is a key element of NLP and comes from the discipline of hypnosis. It is all about adding in ideas in the sentences we speak.
Choose the message that would offer the most resourceful alternative behaviour, state or course of action based on the client’s current stated problem
Create a statement or question which will cause the person to consider this positive suggestion
Associate them back into what they have said, “A moment ago you said….”
- Deliver the suggested resolution
- Use tow steps to tell them how to do it
- The last sentence tell them what you want them to do
- Deliver the last step lower, slower and louder – as a direct command
- Calibrate their response and action